Showcasing shades of our southwestern lifestyle on the ranch + fashion + cooking.
Check it out!
Here's a peek at a few favorite posts:
(Want to read more or need the links to my favorite outfit staples? Visit the website above)
Hi friends! When I put this post’s outfit together I couldn’t help but think about MY personal style… It’s no secret that I am very proud of my ranching heritage & have an affinity for all things cowboy culture… That goes into the western fashion side of things, where turquoise, boots & jeans & patterns true to the colors of our landscape always serve me well. I dress in shades of the southwest, but I love to mix it up & add elements that bump it up a notch… put a spin on it, if you will.
Mixing textures & layering everything are two of my favorite ways to add some zest!
When it came to this look, I focused on the texture side of things…
First – Suede jacket with symmetrical detailing, LOVE.
A satin-y blouse with a feminine V-neck that lays as a canvas complimentary to the stunner Squash Blossom… Gosh I can’t tell you the value of a good basically beautiful cami like this one, & of course we all love a good turquoise piece!
Perfectly-distressed ankle-length jeans are the newest addition to my wardrobe & are just in time to be the foundation on which this look was built! Feeling extra sassy in these cuties was key to the rest… (& you may recognize these jeans from my recent partnership with CATO Fashions! Some of my new favorites are from their Fall Denim Collection! Every gal of any shape or size is sure to feel #CATOConfident thanks to their selection!)
And the finishing touch of it all… Perfect Pink Pumps! These have made multiple appearances on my Instagram feed since I got them… They are so good, that I may have gotten them in almost every color… Whoops!
(CONTINUED... one more excerpt from this post!)... Dress to make yourself happy. Whatever you’re feeling that day, whatever pieces draw your eye right off the bat, go with that! Layer it on or keep it simple, but for goodness sakes do what sets your soul on fire, what makes you hold your head a little higher, what makes your chest rise with pride & that thought of “Watch out world, today I am looking too good for you to throw anything at me that I can’t handle.” *insert hair flip here and walk ahead knowing you’ve got this!*
"2017 Trends: My Take on Western Fashion"
Happy New Year! I know, I’m a little late to that party, but nevertheless it’s 2017 and that means we are in full swing of "new" lists… new ways to live a happier and/or healthier and/or more productive (etc.) life this year… AND we are in the midst of new trends emerging, my personal favorite being the new looks coming in for 2017 style. Fashion weeks will be starting soon and my oh my there have been some amazing previews so far!
With that being said, and my love for fashionable finds, I wanted to put together a post here that outlines not necessarily what I think will definitely be popular or trendy, but more so what I would LOVE to see in those trends! *Now would be a super good time for you to go scroll through my Pinterest board-Accessorize EVERYTHING! Click here to go straight over, then mosey on through this post with a better idea of what I ramble about!*
Before we dive in, let’s take a minute to appreciate the classics. The staples. The things that I hope never die out and will forever be somehow incorporated in everyone’s wardrobes.
- Denim. I mean really, light or dark wash, starched or skinny, flares or boyfriend style, jackets, blouses, jeans, shirts, skirts, whatever… Denim for days and that’s how it should be!
- Good turquoise and sterling silver. Can’t beat quality, and I suggest people look for it and get to know what they’re looking at before investing in these pieces. Personally, I’m a turquoise over diamonds kinda gal (love me the bling, too, though) and I love every bit of it. As far as trends go, squash blossoms have been popular recently (and will forever be Queen Bees in my heart), but a good cluster cuff and some nice rings can easily be integrated into ANY outfit!
- Fur. Always a background staple, I think furs will be coming to the forefront this year and quality should not be overlooked. Noted, I have faux fur in my closet and rock it just as much, but a high quality fur (jacket, coat, vest, scarf, whatever) should be on your wishlist and hopefully makes its way into your wardrobe this year.
- Velvet. I’ll get into this again in a minute, but as trends come and go I love that velvet always makes its way back into the scene sometime and somehow.
- Leather. Another thing I’ll go deeper into in a bit, but leather pieces and accents have always held a special place in my heart and almost always are seen somewhere in a trendy ensemble.
(EXCITED to read more?! THE REST OF THE POST -including lots more outfits and special features on some of my favorite brands- (AND MUCH MORE!!!) can be found on my blog! Follow the link here!!!) *And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @kenziegk and on my Pinterest board "Accessorize EVERYTHING"!*